Your business may need to prepare for change once we’ve left the EU.
Please click here for further support on how to do this:
HMRC Customs Grant Schemes
Provide funding for training that provides businesses and their employees with skills to:
- Complete customs declarations or other declarations required to complete customs processes in the UK or EU (such as safety and security declarations).
- Manage customs processes and use customs software and systems.
Provide funding toward purchasing the first year license of a packaged software solution to increase the automation or productivity of your business in completing customs declarations. The funding can also be used:
- To buy hardware that’s needed for the software to run.
- To install and configure the software and hardware.
- For related software training.
Provide funding towards the costs associated with hiring new employees to complete customs declarations or other declarations required to complete customs processes in the UK or EU (such as safety and security declarations), and/or manage customs processes and use customs software and systems. This includes funding for:
- The indirect costs involved with recruitment including (but not limited to) advertising and marketing, application review and interview time, and on-boarding processes.
- The direct gross salary costs of the new employees for the first 3 months only.
Who should apply?
Businesses who are based in, or have a branch in the UK at the point of payment. Businesses may be able to apply for one or multiple grants, but certain requirements must be met depending on which grant they’re applying for.
For more information, please visit the dedicated customs intermediary grant website https://www.customsintermediarygrant.co.uk/ or call the helpline on +44(0)28 9041 5471
Get ready for Brexit workshops:
Rockliffe Hall, Darlington – 21st October 2019 – Ended
Time: 09:15 – 13:00
To register for the event and for more information, visit: https://www.events.great.gov.uk/ehome/index.php?eventid=200195575&
For the complete list of “Get ready for Brexit” workshops taking place across the country, visit: https://www.events.great.gov.uk/ehome/index.php?eventid=200194661&
Brexit Business Readiness Events
Middlesbrough – 22nd October 2019 – Ended
- Morning – 09:00 – 11.30
- Afternoon – 13:00 – 15.30
We will be updating this page as and when new information regarding the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union. Please keep visiting this page for updates.