Close to 70 people attended Redcar Racecourse on a glorious June morning, for the ‘Surf and Turf’ event, and the official launch of the Redcar | Cleveland Ambassadors programme.
The agenda was as follows –
- Breakfast and networking
- Welcome, introductions and context of the event – Frans Calje, Chair of Redcar | Cleveland Place Board
- ‘Welcome to Yorkshire’ and links to Redcar and Cleveland – David Shields, Welcome to Yorkshire
- Celebrating our Culture – Stella Hall, Festival of Thrift
- Gateway to the National Park – Catriona McLees, North York Moors National Park
- Capital grants to help businesses – Angela Brockbank, Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
- Next steps – Ambassador programme and marketing update – Frans Calje and Richard Baker, Place Marketing Manager
- Closing remarks and Questions
Images by Dave Charnley Photography.