Our second online event was themed ‘Made in Redcar and Cleveland’.
This event was all about the great things which are proudly made in our place. All these things are fantastic local stories – stories we need to be shouting about, and definitely giving us a much needed boost in the difficult times we’re going through.
The agenda covered:
- David Laing, The Clucking Pig David spoke about the growth of this great local business and their amazing gourmet scotch eggs, which have been enjoyed at Buckingham Palace and the House of Commons no less!
- Lynne Young, Lynne Young Millinery – Born and bred in Redcar, Lynne makes bespoke hats and headpieces for special occasions, such as ‘Ladies Days’ (including at our very own Redcar Racecourse) and her beautiful creations have graced magazine shoots, catwalks and Buckingham Palace ceremonies! After being home based for 10 years, Lynne opened a studio in West Terrace, Redcar in August.
- Andrew Fulton, ICL Boulby spoke about their mining and processing of Polyhalite (the world’s first and only polyhalite mine) and manufacturing Polysulphate based fertiliser products which are sold around the world
- Teresa Taylor, writer and producer of Briefs Sitcom spoke about the background to, the challenges and the future of this sitcom set in a legal practice in Redcar!
- Angela Brockbank, from Redcar & Cleveland Council gave an update on the exciting major projects happening in our place, including Redcar Town Deal, Redcar station, Loftus Future High Street Fund bid and new Regent Cinema.