Around 90 people gathered at an active warehouse at PD Ports for the launch of the Redcar | Cleveland Story and the place marketing initiative.
The Agenda was as follows:
- Breakfast and networking
- Welcome & Introduction – Chris Styles – Interim Head of Communications, Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
- Background / SSI Task Force project – Amanda Skelton – Chair, SSI Task Force & Chief Executive – Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
- The place story, role of the Board and Chair’s views and ambition – Frans Calje – Chair of Place Board & CEO of PD Ports
- Industrial tourism theme – Peter Jones – External Affairs Manager – ICL Group
- Value and variety theme – Sharon Thomas – Director of New Homes Delivery – Thirteen Group
- Energy for industry theme – Anju Sanehi – Director of Policy & Regeneration – MGT Teesside
- Surf and turf theme – Ruairidh Taylor – Hotel Manager – Gisborough Hall Hotel
- Big idea: Forging Bridges – Sue Jeffrey – Leader – Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
- External perspective – John Till – Director/Founder – Thinking Place
- Doing things differently: toolkit, website and Ambassador Programme – Richard Baker – Place Marketing Manager / Frans Calje
- Questions and Close
- Behind the scenes coach tour of Teesport
Images by Dave Charnley Photography and Richard Baker.