Did you spot film crews in Redcar this week? We have news on that in this week’s Friday Five…
1. It was exciting to see the crews from BBC Countryfile on Redcar beach on Thursday. The team from the hit show filmed wading birds for a feature encouraging dog walkers to help their pets avoid the birds whilst they’re feeding. Keep your eyes peeled on the show in early December.
2. A positive development for young people in Redcar and Cleveland this week with the opening of the new pupil referral unit, Archway Lane Learning Campus. The school is based at the converted former Teesville Infants School which had been lying empty. Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council’s cabinet member for children, Alison Barnes, said: “This is a welcome step forward for some of our young people who may be vulnerable or have taken a wrong turning. This major investment will have positive benefits not only for those young people but also the wider community.”
3. You can spend two minutes enjoying this Q&A with our Ambassador Lucy Tyreman, marketing executive at Nepic. Lucy speaks about her love for Our Redcar and Cleveland. She talks lots of sense!
4. It’s been a good week for J’s Gents in Guisborough. They’ve been accredited by the British Barbers’ Association.
5. Finally, here’s hoping it dries up for Saltburn Farmers’ Market on Saturday. You can support lots of great local businesses and go home with tasty treats.
What have we missed? If you have a suggestion for a future Friday Five please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter.