It’s Friday again! and it’s Friday Five – our round up of five great things happening in Redcar and Cleveland this week. We admit, we struggled keeping this to 5 this week – there’s so much going on!
1. We started the week with some great news coming out of Redcar | Cleveland Ambassadors, Lotte Chemical, based at #RedcarCleveland’s Wilton International Site – their turnover to the end of 2018 increased by 30% on the previous year, sending the business into a very welcome profit. #BusinessRedcarCleveland
2. We were delighted to hear that TransPennine Express will start running direct trains from Redcar to Manchester from December, with direct access to Leeds and York too – great news for business and leisure travellers to and from Redcar and Cleveland – we’re hoping that Saltburn and East Cleveland is next!
3. A double Ambassador celebration this week! – fantastic Redcar and Cleveland employers ERW Joinery are celebrating 40 years in business this weekend. ERW is a family run business; and there’s some changes at the top to coincide with this anniversary! Read the full story about ERW’s big weekend! and, PD Ports were named ‘Business of the Year’ at the RailFreight UK Awards last night – congratulations to all! #BusinessRedcarCleveland
4. The Lets Go Tees Valley Commuter Challenge was launched this week. The Challenge starts on Monday – there’s still time to sign up – there’s daily prizes to be won and you can do your bit for the environment, you might get fitter too! #LiveRedcarCleveland
5. And, the big event is here! The Festival of Thrift starts tonight with the Thrifty Parade from Kirkleatham to #Redcar; then the main event is tomorrow & Sunday, 10am-5pm, at Kirkleatham – we can’t wait! – and to help you, here’s the thrifty people’s info pack!…see you there!
Tell us what you think we should include in next week’s Friday Five!