It’s Friday Five – our roundup of five great things happening in Our Redcar Cleveland each week!
1. Saltburn gained a coveted ‘Keep Britain Tidy‘ Blue Flag! Great news and rightful recognition of the hard work carried out by Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council, Northumbrian Water, The Environment Agency, local businesses and volunteer groups like Keeping it Clean at Saltburn.
2. Staying in Saltburn – the celebrations to mark 150 years of the town’s famous pier was a huge success.
3. Redcar’s former Post Office building is being brought back to life by local development duo Nick Drury and Craig Wallace who are giving the building a six-figure makeover. Anyone got a contact for Nick or Craig – we’d love to have them as Ambassadors!
4. F Parkinson Ltd has started work on a £1.2m refurbishment of the former Teesville Infants School to relocate Archway School to a new facility – ‘Archway, Learning Lane Campus’. The campus & refurbishment project is managed by the Place Investment team of Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council, in partnership with Department for Education.
5. And finally – back to Saltburn as Ambassadors Richard and Mark spent an afternoon in the sun, getting out and about to sign up new businesses to join our growing programme. Can you help spread the word about #OurRedcarCleveland being a great place to live, enjoy and do business? – you can sign up to help here!