It’s Friday Five – our round up of five great things happening in Our Redcar Cleveland this week.
1. The world leading Sirius Minerals project has two bits of brilliant news – the large boring machine Stella Rose Rose began her hard work at their Wilton site this week and they have an amazing 150 jobs on offer! Get those applications in – this is a brilliant opportunity to work on a truly unique project.
2. Two leading Redcar and Cleveland women in business received national acclaim – Tees Component’s CEO Sharon Lane was recognised as one of the top fifty women in engineering by the Women’s Engineering Society and Louise White from Cygnet Law has been named a Rising Star at the English Women’s Awards.
3. The Saltburn Cliff Tramway turns 135 today!
4. There’s a packed schedule of events coming up – the Summer Brocante hits at Kirkleatham Grounds on Sat, the Classic Car and Bike Show roars into Ormesby Hall on Sun and from Mon onwards, golfers can get into the swing of things at Golf Week
5. When the BBC’s Steph McGovern needed to arrange travel for local charity Rubies to visit London’s Media City, she knew who to ask – Redcar and Cleveland Ambassador Claire Wordsworth from SABIC! Rubies aims ‘to help girls discover the strengths’ – with Steph and Claire as role models, we have no doubt they will!
Tell us what you think we should include in next week’s Friday Five!