We’ve been excited about today’s Tour de Yorkshire route announcement for months! The big reveal has now taken place and Redcar and Cleveland’s section of stage one on Thursday 30 April promises to be fantastic.
That’s where we start today’s Friday Five…
1. Do you live in Easington, Loftus, Carlin How, Brotton, Saltburn, Marske, Redcar or anywhere in between?
You’re in for a treat when the colourful spectacle of the Tour de Yorkshire speeds through in a little over three months. The route for the stage that will culminate in a sprint finish on the Stray was announced in Leeds this morning. Our coastline, towns and villages will look spectacular for the thousands of visitors and a huge TV audience.
2. Children from around the borough will be at the heart of the event and it was brilliant to see three Redcar | Cleveland schools in the top 10 of the Real Schools Guide for Teesside. Congratulations to Newcomen and Coatham in Redcar and St Paulinus in Guisborough. You can find out more about the ranking system here.
3. Did you see the very entertaining news story about Redcar Clock earlier this week?
Local woman Amanda Rich, who we really need to sign up as an Ambassador, took an ornament version on her worldwide travels. The pictures you can enjoy on Teesside Live are great!
4. The summer may feel like a long way off yet, but the line-up of tribute bands announced for Summer Sounds at Gisborough Priory should guarantee plenty of interest in tickets when they go on sale at the end of this month. There are tributes to everyone from The Beatles to Ed Sheeran and Michael Jackson to the Beautiful South.
5. Could your business benefit from expert advice on digital marketing and social media? The Google Digital Garage comes to Redcar on 5 February. Free tickets can be reserved here.