Our local newspaper, Teesside Live, has published an excellent article about SABIC and its commitment to our local community.
SABIC, a Saudi-owned petrochemical manufacturing company with a base in Wilton, has a strong ethos of corporate social responsibility and is committed to being an active part of the communities in which it operates.
Whether it’s financial support or staff giving their time, SABIC is always happy to help make our area a better place to live.
Some of the company’s community projects include:
- Match-funding an Environment Agency project to increase the flood protection from the River Tees and Greatham Creek
- Sponsoring litter-picking cabinets on Redcar beachfront, to support the work of Friends of Redcar (FRED), and funding equipment for Marske Litter Action Group, with more than 60 Sabic employees taking part in litter picks
- Providing RSPB Saltholme with more than £80,000 worth of water each year
- Sponsoring the Festival of Thrift
- Building a path in Redcar cemetery so grieving parents can visit their babies’ graves easier
And of course, SABIC is also a Redcar | Cleveland Ambassador!
To find out more, read the story at Teesside Live.