- This event has passed.
FORGING BRIDGES Ambassador event
12th July 2019 @ 7:45 am - 9:30 amFree
The big idea in our place story is FORGING BRIDGES – we forged the steel that transformed cities and communities and now we must forge a new future by creating new links and connections; building a bridge to our future. Speakers will talk about how Redcar and Cleveland is already building these links and connections; within our communities and outside.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Professor Carole Haswell, Head of Astronomy at Open University, will talk about Redcar and Cleveland’s connection to outer space…through her discovering a planet; and her passion for her home, being born and raised in Redcar and Cleveland; before doing work of national significance for the Open University
- Mark Easby, Chair of High Tide Foundation will give an overview of the connections that High Tide offers, between young people and business – valuable career experiences – forging bridges for the future
- Geraldine Williams, Manager / Head Coach of Grangetown Netball Club will be talking about the importance of the club to our community, providing a focus and positivity for young people and forging bridges for us nationally – best team in the North East and 4th best in the UK.
Following the event, at 9:30am there will be an optional tour of the Materials Processing Institute, which should provide a fascinating insight into this important facility in our place. The tour will cover:
- Nano lab
- Normanton plant (steelmaking for R&D and commercial)
- An SME tenant (innovation areas for tenants)
- Powders lab
To book your place please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – if you would like to go on the tour of the Materials Processing Institute site please indicate this in your email.