It’s Friday Five – our round up of five great things happening in #OurRedcarCleveland this week.
1. We launched our photo competition today!
Send a pic of what makes #OurRedcarCleveland unique to you for a chance to win a night (inc. dinner and breakfast) for two at Gisborugh Hall hotel!
2. We’ve got a packed weekend of activities coming up: The Pirate Festival, the Sci-Fi and Comic Con at Kirkleatham Museum and the East Cleveland Scarecrow Festival all descend on Redcar for a fun-packed weekend!
3. Good luck to Grangetown Netball Team’s Hannah Raine who has joined the England Under 21’s squad to play in South Africa!
More than a netball team, this club is a massively important part of social fabric of #OurRedcarCleveland and plays a huge role in raising the aspirations of our young people.
4. The Mighty Weekend was a HUGE success! Thousands of people enjoyed Clubland on the Beach, the summer sounds tribute festival, Proms in the Priory, We Love the 90’s, the Saltburn Food Festival and the Redcar Sprint Triathlon.
Teesside Live has some great photos.
5. 5. Great news from Sirius Minerals – they’ve recruited a batch of very promising young apprentices. Good luck with your new careers, guys!
Tell us what you think we should include in next week’s Friday Five!