It’s Friday Five – our roundup of five great things happening in Our Redcar Cleveland each week!
1. Today we met up with dozens of fellow Redcar | Cleveland Ambassadors for our #EnjoyRedcarCleveland event at the magnificent Spa Hotel at Saltburn to discuss the importance of tourism and events to the economy.
2. Saltburn Pier will celebrate its 150th anniversary on Saturday 11 May with a day packed full of family fun, including an amazing display of Victorian dress, and ending with the unveiling of new lighting for the famous pier.
3. Redcar Running Festival is offering great discounts for early bird entries to the annual race. With a Half marathon, 10km, 5km, 2km and wheelchair race to choose from, athletes of every level can join in the fun.
4. Kenzie’s pub in Redcar has proven so popular they’ve had to expand next door!
5. Redcar | Cleveland Ambassador Abbie McLeod raised an incredible £1,000 for Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice with her walk up Roseberry Topping, while dressed as one of The Incredibles (of course!) Abbie is also gunning to be crowned Miss Tees Valley!