Looking back on a terrific 2022 in Redcar and Cleveland!
Big business investment, fantastic projects, great events and more! – listed below is just a selection of great things happening in Redcar and Cleveland this year – we hope you enjoy reading our review of year…
- New public space and facility announced for Redcar Town Centre!
- £2.1m Skills Academy at Teesworks undergoes construction
- British Steel £26m investment at Skinningrove site creating 327 jobs
- £1.5m Community Hub planned for Loftus as part of major redevelopment scheme
- Plans unveiled for the UK’s first lithium hydroxide plant, at Teesside Freeport
- Plans for £8.6m community swimming pool at Eston announced
- Plans for ‘Clean Energy Education Hub’ revealed by Redcar & Cleveland College
- EDF Renewables plan for ground-breaking ‘green hydrogen’ project at Teesworks
- 6th Inspiring Women Awards celebrated at Wilton Centre
- Guisborough Town Hall reopens to the public after major redevelopment
- Glacier Energy set up their new office at Wilton Centre
- Our ‘A PLACE to INVEST’ Ambassador event at Wilton Centre
- Pro-cycling ‘Tour Series’ holds opening round in Guisborough!
- Circular Fuels announce £150m renewable gas facility at Teesworks
- ‘Captain Boomer Collective’ introduce ‘The Whale‘ street theatre on Redcar beach
- ‘Talking Tides Brew Co’ became our 500th Ambassador!
- Tomahawk steakhouse opens in Saltburn!
- £26 million upgrade approved for British Steel
- Construction begins on SeAH Wind’s £450m offshore facility!
- Coatham beach makes ‘The Times’ ’50’ best beaches’ in the UK.
- Redcar makes Airbnb’s top 12 UK trending seaside destinations at 7th place, the highest in the North East.
- Our ‘Place to Enjoy‘ Ambassadors event takes place at Redcar Racecourse.
- Nordic style bakery ‘Koselig Bakeri‘ opens in Guisborough
- bp’s NZT Power and H2Teesside projects shortlisted for Government support
- The Tour of Britain cycling event sped through Redcar and Cleveland!
- Plans announced for an 18-hole adventure golf course and children’s outdoor play area at Coatham seafront
- Our 40-page investment brochure, ‘A Place to Invest‘ launched
- We say farewell to ‘Festival of Thrift‘ after 7 years of being held at Kirkleatham, Redcar
- Huge Green Lithium plant announced for Redcar and Cleveland, at Wilton Site
- Loftus regeneration in full flow as construction begins at Duncan Place!
- bp submit plans for the UK’s largest green hydrogen hub , at Teesworks
- ‘The Regent‘ cinema opens and brings cinema back to Redcar!
- Nova Pangaea secure £5 million funding to help build their first commercial plant
- Our second annual ‘Ambassador Showcase‘ takes place at Gisborough Hall, with brilliant feedback
- Best New Business awards held at Kirkleatham Walled Garden, with two Redcar and Cleveland winners
- Wilton Centre owners reveal plans for major new development at Teesside Freeport
- Redcar’s Christmas light switch-on and illumination parade took place
- £2m ‘Teesworks Skills Academy’ opens and welcomes first students
- Redcar and Cleveland says a sad farewell to Redcar Blast Furnace
- Tees Valley Lithium given green light for 1,000 job plant at Wilton Site
- Plans for new Coastal Activity Hub at Coatham, Redcar approved
- Over 7,000 attend ‘A Georgian Christmas‘ event at Kirkleatham Museum
- Exciting regeneration plans approved for Redcar Central Station
- £25 million Government funding secured for Teesside Freeport
- Iconic ‘Scream Factory’ event shortlisted for ‘Access All Areas’ Best Visitor Experience award
- Biffa invest £16 million into an expansion at their site in Wilton International, creating 20 new jobs
- Saltburn Ice Trail gets people into the Christmas spirit
- First of its kind ‘ReNew ELP‘ plant announces 30 new jobs
And, on the Ambassador programme, over 300 people attended our three events, held at Wilton Centre, Redcar Racecourse and Gisborough Hall Hotel. We ended the year by approaching 650 Ambassadors – that’s amazing – thank you to every one of you, your support is very much appreciated. If you’re not yet an Ambassador, do you want to join us in talking up Redcar and Cleveland to help our place succeed? – sign up here, it’s free, simple and quick to do!