Welcome back to Redcar and Cleveland
Welcome back to Redcar and Cleveland and our beautiful beaches, wide open countryside and stunning landscapes.
We have been working with our businesses to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit, therefore a few things may look and feel a little different so it’s important that you plan ahead and are in the ‘Know Before You Go’ . Whilst the majority of our businesses have reopened their doors not all our attractions have, please check online to see if they are open and for information on how to book in advance.
Maintaining the safety of everyone in Redcar and Cleveland is our top priority and we encourage everyone to act responsibly and to follow Government advice:
- Keep two metres apart from anyone outside your household or one metre plus where this is not possible – remember this applies to lots of situations such as when walking, running, cycling, sitting and sunbathing too.
- Remember the rule of 6.
- Wear a face covering at all times when using public transport, visiting shops and museums. Further guidance on when you need to wear one can be found here.
- Things to remember – a bank card, many outlets are only accepting cashless payments – you don’t want to miss out on a lemon top! Hand sanitiser – for that extra peace of mind.
Please act responsibly and #BeBeachSafe. The RNLI have provided guidance and advice on how to stay safe on the beach here.
The following public toilets in the borough are open daily from 9am to 4pm and are cleaned and replenished regularly throughout the day.
Guisborough: Fountain Street and Northgate
Marske: The Stray (Marske) and Marske Square.
Redcar: Locke Park, Moore Street, Zetland Park, and The Stray (Redcar).
Saltburn: Station Square, Cat Nab and Lower Promenade
All car parks within the borough have now reopened. Pay and Display charges have also resumed and we encourage people wherever possible to use the RingGo app, rather than cash at the machines. You can download the RingGo app here. If you don’t want to download the app you can call 0203 432 4302 and give the location number displayed on parking signs in the car park itself.
Remember to respect, protect and enjoy Redcar and Cleveland so others can too and use the Countryside Code.
- To minimise overcrowding in known hotspots continue your journey and discover somewhere new, there are lots of hidden gems!
- Leave footprints and not rubbish! If our bins are full take it home with you.
For further information you can find a handy checklist from Visit England here which will help you to enjoy your days out as safely as possible.