Redcar and Cleveland is a great place to live, enjoy and do business.
You’ll find out why throughout this website and on our social media feeds, but if you’re in a rush, here are just a few reasons ‘Why Redcar and Cleveland’!
- We have an abundance of high-quality housing at low prices
- The best primary schools outside London
- You can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities
- Great shopping in our thriving markets and bustling town centres
- Comprehensive road/rail/bus/cycle/pedestrian network makes travelling around the Tees Valley’s largest borough easier than ever
- We enjoy a packed events calendar throughout the year
- Festival of Thrift – the UK’s celebration of sustainability saw 45,000 visit Kirkleatham Museum and Grounds to attend the 2018 event
- Redcar named as a host town for Tour De Yorkshire 2020
- The stunning, picturesque sandy beaches of Redcar, Saltburn-by-the-sea and Skinningrove and the historic market town of Guisborough are great places to spend a day with the family
- Saltburn’s Cliff Tramway is the oldest water balanced lift in Britain and the seaside town is also home to the mysterious Saltburn Yarn Bombers.
- Hills, woodland and moors – Guisborough Forest Walkway is the gateway to North York Moors National Park
- Zetland Lifeboat Museum showcases the world’s oldest surviving lifeboat
- The South Tees Development Corporation is the single biggest development opportunity in the UK with potentially 20,000 jobs and a £1 billion annual boost to the local economy
- The world’s largest biomass power station, MGT Teesside, represents a £650m investment in the borough
- Sirius Minerals‘£3.2Bn mining project will enhance the Tees Valley economy by 18%
- The home of PD Ports, one of the UK’s busiest and fastest growing ports
- £5 million improvements planned for industrial estates
- But it’s not all huge developments, independent businesses like Redcar’s Black Slab Records and Saltburn’s Book Corner play a vital role in our economic life.