Redcar and Cleveland is a great place to live, enjoy and do business.
You’ll find out why throughout this website and on our social media feeds, but if you’re in a rush, here are just a few reasons ‘Why Redcar and Cleveland’!
- What a work / life balance you can have in Redcar and Cleveland! – you can enjoy the fresh sea air and beautiful rolling countryside on your doorstep
- We have an abundance of high-quality housing at low prices
- You can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities
- Great shopping in our thriving markets and bustling town centres
- Comprehensive road/rail/bus/cycle/pedestrian network makes travelling around the Tees Valley’s largest borough easier than ever
- COVID aside, we enjoy a packed events calendar throughout the year
- Festival of Thrift – the UK’s celebration of sustainability saw 37,000 visit Kirkleatham Museum and Grounds to attend the 2019 event
- Redcar named as a host town for Tour De Yorkshire
- New £9M Regent Cinema development taking place
- New hotel for Redcar – Initial designs revealed for 42-bedroom hotel
- The stunning, picturesque sandy beaches of Redcar, Saltburn-by-the-sea and Skinningrove and the historic market town of Guisborough are great places to spend a day with the family
- Saltburn’s Cliff Tramway is the oldest water balanced lift in Britain and the seaside town is also home to the mysterious Saltburn Yarn Bombers.
- Hills, woodland and moors – Guisborough Forest Walkway is the gateway to North York Moors National Park
- Zetland Lifeboat Museum showcases the world’s oldest surviving lifeboat
- ‘Teesworks‘ is the UKs largest industrial zone, with potentially 20,000 jobs and a £1 billion annual boost to the local economy
- The world’s largest biomass power station, MGT Teesside, represents a £650m investment in the borough
- Anglo American’s £3.2Bn mining project will enhance the Tees Valley economy by 18%
- The home of PD Ports, one of the UK’s busiest and fastest growing ports
- Bid submitted to government for £25M funding for Redcar improvement projects under the Town Deal fund
- £5.8M Loftus Future High Streets Fund – transformational plans to improve Loftus town centre
- £5 million improvements planned for industrial estates
- But it’s not all huge developments, we have a great selection of unique independent businesses which play a vital role in our economic life.