Redcar and Cleveland is a great place to live, enjoy and do business.
You’ll find out why throughout this website and on our social media feeds, but if you’re in a rush, here are just a few reasons ‘Why Redcar and Cleveland’!
- What a work / life balance you can have in Redcar and Cleveland! – enjoy the fresh sea air and beautiful rolling countryside on your doorstep
- An abundance of high-quality housing at low prices
- Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities
- Great shopping in our thriving markets and bustling town centres
- Comprehensive road/rail/bus/cycle/pedestrian network makes travelling around the Tees Valley’s largest borough easier than ever
- Redcar Town Deal – £25M Government Towns Fund for transformational projects.
- Redcar Central Station – £5M rejuvenation project.
- Loftus investments – £9M plans to renew and reshape Loftus town centre.
- We enjoy a packed events calendar throughout the year
- Festival of Thrift – the UK’s celebration of sustainability saw a record 50,000 visit Kirkleatham Museum and Grounds to attend the 2021 event
- Kirkleatham Walled Garden – beautiful gardens, café, horticultural academy and events pavilion.
- New £9.7M ‘The Regent’ cinema development in Redcar.
- Coatham Leisure Phase 1 – £3.75M development project.
- Coatham Hotel – ‘The Inn Collection Group’ – £6.5M project – would be new 42 bedroom hotel for Redcar
- Stunning sandy beaches of Redcar, Saltburn-by-the-sea and Skinningrove and the historic market town of Guisborough are great places to spend a day
- Saltburn’s Cliff Tramway is the oldest water balanced lift in Britain, and the Pier, dating from 1869 is the last remaining pier on the North East coast.
- Hills, woodland and moors – Guisborough Forest Walkway is the gateway to North York Moors National Park
- Zetland Lifeboat Museum showcases the world’s oldest surviving lifeboat
- Cleveland Ironstone Mining Museum – £2.4M project for a bigger and better heritage attraction
- ‘Teesworks‘ is the UKs largest industrial zone and Freeport, with potentially 20,000 jobs and a £1 billion annual boost to the local economy
- Net Zero Teesside – £220M carbon capture project
- GE Renewables – £20M wind turbine factory
- SABIC – Plans for £850M Green Energy project at Wilton site
- MGT Teesside / Tees REP – £650M biomass power station of global significance
- Anglo American’s £3.2Bn polyhalite mining project – Wilton, Teesport and Woodsmith Mine
- PD Ports – one of the UK’s busiest and fastest growing ports
- PMAC – £300M Redcar Energy Centre
- Wentworth Clean Power – two waste-to-energy plants, secured by PD Ports – £660M
- British Steel – £26M investment at Skinningrove Special Profiles division
- But it’s not all huge developments, we have a great selection of unique independent businesses which play a vital role in our economic life
IN TOTAL, OVER £7 BILLION OF INVESTMENT IN REDCAR AND CLEVELAND!