The application window for the Business Growth Grant has now closed and applications are now being processed. Due to the high volume of applications, our scheme has been oversubscribed and our Business Engagement Team will now assess all eligible applications and applicants will be notified of a decision in due course.
If you have any questions relating to your application, please email BusinessGrants@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.
Funded by Anglo American and administered by Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council, the Business Growth Grant is designed to support Redcar and Cleveland based businesses to improve their trading position.
Businesses who have been trading for at least 3 months and have a trading address within the Redcar and Cleveland eligible areas may be eligible for a grant of up to £2000.
- Spend must be agreed with the Business Engagement Team prior to any purchases being made or entering into contracts.
- Grants will be paid in arrears on receipt of evidence of spend being made, such as a paid invoice.
- This grant is match-funded at 50% and requires the applicant to pay for 100% of the approved items upfront before being reimbursed with 50% of their cost.
- Retrospective payments will not be made.
Eligible spend could include (but is not limited to):
- creating a digital presence
- marketing resources
- tools and equipment
- training and development
The grant application window opened on the 13th December 2023 and closed 9am, 4th January 2024. Applications after this date will not be considered. Applicants must provide all required documents and information by no later than Friday 1st February 2024 to receive payment. No payments will be made after 20th March 2024.
Payments are unlikely to be made in relation to:
- Decorative furnishings and other removable fixtures not required for business operation.
- The purchase of land, property and non-specialised vehicles, and related costs.
- Hardware not directly related to an identified business need.
- Refreshing or rebranding of a business, where this is not directly linked to a newly identified business need.
Businesses excluded from receiving this grant include:
- Those that have a trading address outside of the eligible grant boundary.
- Those unable to demonstrate an operational address in Redcar and Cleveland.
- Businesses the Council does not consider to have potential to contribute to Redcar and Cleveland’s economy through business activity. In this context ‘Business Activity’ should be interpreted as carrying on a trade or profession or buying and selling goods or services in order to generate turnover.
- Businesses that are insolvent, in administration or in receipt of a striking off notice.
The Business Growth Grant policy is available to read in full here.