- This event has passed.
Virtual Workshop: How To Target Overseas Customers With An International Social Media Strategy – Part 1
10th September 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Department for International Trade North East and SocialB for an interactive virtual workshop, designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to implement a successful international social media strategy for your business.
The session has been produced for businesses who are exploring international trade and are looking to enhance their approach to drive international growth more strategically.
In this workshop we will look at:
Getting started with your international social media strategy
- The role of social media in relation to your wider business’ international strategy
- Hands On Exercise – What are your international KPI’s/Goals?
The Customer Journey
- What is your international target audience’s journey?
- How to identify and understand your overseas target audience, including their wants and needs
- How your audience engages on platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (localised international insights)
- Hands on Exercise – Mapping your target audience
- How you can understand your international target audience better in order to meet your objectives e.g. generating leads or sales
- Hands On Exercise- creating the content that your audience needs and understanding which channels are best including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Set SMART goals and objectives for their international social media activity
- Adapt and optimise their existing social media platforms for an international audience
- Locate and identify their international customers
- Use social media and market research tools to interpret customers wants and needs
- Illustrate a deeper understanding of their target audience in generating social media content ideas
- Interpret metrics and data from analytics tools to measure the impact of their social media activity
- Create reports to inform future business decisions and strategies
Please note: In this interactive workshop delegates will be guided through worksheets with practical exploration throughout. For that reason, this webinar is limited to a maximum 15 delegates. You may be contacted before the event to assess eligibility, prior to a Zoom invitation being sent.
For more information and to register, please click here.