- This event has passed.
Building a Hydrogen Economy in the Tees Valley
May 29 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for a free event on Wednesday 29 May at the Wilton Centre, to get involved in the emerging Hydrogen market in the Tees Valley.
Teesside University’s Building a Hydrogen Economy project is working alongside Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA) to bring leaders and innovators together for knowledge and technical exchange.
You will hear from a range of speakers including, BOC Linde, Johnson Matthey, SABIC, Northern Gas Networks, PD Ports, Alstom, The Welding Institute (TWI), Materials Processing Institute (MPI), Haskel, Centre For Process Innovation (CPI) and a number of Tees Valley SMEs.
You will also hear about the future Tees Valley collaborative funding bids (Strength in Places and Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund), and be able to influence potential projects.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
As a project engaged SME, you will benefit from:
- Opportunity to be part of an ongoing collaborative hydrogen network
- Access to market and technical information
- One-to-one technical sessions
- Access to new supply chains and services
- Participate in a technical consultation workshop for developing a hydrogen technology
This event will count towards European Union Development Fund SME assistance.
- Hydrogen Overview and Tees Valley Objectives/Strategy – Paul Booth, Chair TVCA
- Regional and Technical capabilities – Chris Beck (TWI); Colin Atkinson (MPI); Jonathan Kennedy (CPI)
- Tees Valley Hydrogen Innovation Project – John Brady (Teesside University)
- Hydrogen Refuelling Stations in the Tees Valley – Mark Lewis (TVCA)
- Supplier/Manufacturer of Hydrogen refuelling stations – Bob Kelly (Haskel)
- Hydrogen Project Initiatives/Strategy – Rob Robson (BOC/Linde Group)
- H2 interests and future innovations – Bill Cotton (Johnson Matthey)
- Developing hydrogen use on the UK rail network – Mike Muldoon (Alstom)
- If we want to become a Hydrogen user, how do we go about it doing it? – Anthony Paxton (P D Ports)
- SME Input/Interest in Hydrogen – Richard Brough (Pollywood Natural)
- Hydrogen interests and initiatives – Hallam Wheatley (SABIC)
- Market Product Offering – Vincenzo Ortisi (Pure Energy Centre)
- Decarbonisation of the gas grid in the Tees Valley – Keith Owen (Northern Gas Networks)
- SME Input/Interest in Hydrogen – REVAMP Training/MJR Controls
- Future Tees Valley collaborative funding bids (Strength in Places and Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund) – Led by TWI
To register for the event, please visit the Eventbrite page by clicking here.