Welcome Back to Kirkleatham Museum
We are excited to welcome you back to Kirkleatham Museum from Tuesday 18th May.
We want to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible so this means there will be some changes to the way you visit.
We are admitting fewer people into the museum so we can provide enough space for social distancing. This means you will need to book your visit in advance. If you don’t book in advance you maybe turned away or asked to wait until the number of people in the museum has reduced before you can be admitted.
How to book
To ensure your visit is as enjoyable as ever whilst social distancing it is important that you book your visit in advance.
- Admission to the museum is still FREE and you can book your visit here
- You’ll need to choose a date and time for your visit.
- If you are not able to book tickets online, please call the museum on 01642 479500 and a member of the team will book your visit for you.
- If you do not book tickets in advance you may be refused entry or asked to wait outside until the number of people in the museum is below capacity before you can be admitted.
- Every week we will release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to midnight the day before you’d like to visit.
- Sunday’s will remain our quiet time for visitors with additional needs between 10 – 11am.
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of the start time of your ticket.
- There may be a slight queue on arrival whilst tickets are checked and additional Track and Trace information is collected*
- If you arrive late, we will not be able to guarantee you immediate entry. You may be asked to wait until the number of people in the museum has reduced before you can be admitted.
- Please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy. Please do not pass your phone or printed tickets to our team members. You will be asked for your surname and a contact telephone number for Track and Trace purposes.
- *Our visitors are the heart of our museum and we want you to enjoy our venue safely. In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus we are taking contact details of visitors, as well as recording the time of entering our venue. In line with guidance issued by the government, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will only share them with NHS Test and Trace, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor testing positive for coronavirus. Your cooperation in helping us to keep our visitors, staff and the wider community safe is greatly appreciated.
During Your Visit
- Please follow government advice around social distancing and hygiene when on site
- We encourage you to use the hand sanitising stations provided around the museum.
- We encourage visitors to wear face masks when they visit. Some of our staff will also be wearing a mask.
- Please read the new signs providing guidance and our staff and volunteers will also be happy to help you adjust to the new way of visiting.
- In most areas within the museum you will be asked to follow a one-way route, unless otherwise stated.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- If possible, when making a purchase in our gift shop please use contactless payment.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and drink to enjoy within our grounds making use of our picnic areas. Unfortunately, you are not able to bring food and drink into our museum.
- We have increased cleaning in all public areas of the building and especially in areas of high contact.
- If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.